The Inner Game of Tennis
The Inner Game was a huge discovery when it was initially released in 1972, becoming a hit. Instead of emphasizing technique, it focused on the idea that, according to Gallwey, “Every game is composed of two parts, an outer game, and an inner game”. The former is played against opponents and is filled with a lot of contradictory advice, the latter being played within the player’s mind and having self-doubt and anxiety as its main obstacles. Gallwey’s ground-breaking ideas, which were based on Zen philosophy and humanistic psychology, were actually a primer on how to get out of your own way and perform at your peak.
Gallwey’s views on focus, gamesmanship, overcoming bad habits, learning to trust yourself on the court, and awareness is all refined in this new version of the astonishing text that Billie Jean King called her tennis bible. He emphasized that the first step in helping his students was to let them “see and feel what he is doing,” which he defined as “increasing his awareness of what actually is.”
There’s psychobabble and mysticism, but Gallwey teaches through anecdote and has become a guru. What was unique in the 1970s is now standard; mental attitude is as important as a strong backhand. The Inner Game of Tennis does a lot to keep that idea alive. Jeff Silverman’s
About the Author: W. Timothy Gallwey has produced a series of bestselling Inner Game books, which set forth a new methodology for the development of personal and professional excellence in a variety of fields. For many years, Gallwey has been introducing the Inner Game approach to corporations looking for better ways to manage change.
The Inner Game of Tennis will help you
- use the mind/body connection and learn to trust yourself on the court.
- Find the state of “relaxed concentration” that allows you to play at your best.
- Utilize the “inner game principles to make the most of traditional instruction techniques.
- Focus your mind to overcome nerves and self-doubt, then increase your talents through wise practice.
- This new version refines Gallwey’s techniques from his extended experience.
- His lucid explanations and interesting anecdotes can help beginners to experts.
- This book will revolutionize how you play tennis.
Specifications of The Inner Game of Tennis
- Dimenssions: 5.18 x 0.4 x 7.97 Inches
- Number of Pages: 122 Pages
- Editorial: Random House Trade Paperbacks
- Idiom: English
- Publication date: 27 May 1997
- The Classic Guide to the Mental Side of Peak Performance
- The Inner Game helps players overcome ego, anxiousness, and concentration lapses.
- This iconic book is now available in a redesigned paperback form.
Other Tennis Books and Tennis Equipment
Should you be looking for a different type of tennis book, we have many other tennis books and tennis gifts of other types for you to choose from. Check out our tennis accessories, tennis ball hoppers, tennis ball machines, tennis elbow support, tennis balls, tennis dampeners, tennis caps, tennis headbands, tennis nets, tennis stringing machines, tennis string, tennis wristbands, and tennis grips.
Why Shop for The Inner Game of Tennis on Shopping.tennis?
Here is why you should choose us when shopping for The Inner Game of Tennis. As we are a new tennis shop, we are having a special launch offer for our customers in 2024. The launch offer is actually similar to a reward program. When you purchase a tennis item or more on Shopping.tennis for a total value of $100 or above within a year, you automatically qualify for a discount of 10% for your next purchase as long as you make it within a year from your last purchase (i.e., the discount is valid for up to a year once you qualify for it). This is a lifetime benefit that will never expire for all our customers this year.
In addition, you keep getting 10% off for every purchase you make not just on Shopping.tennis but also on any of our sister websites coming soon (learn more on Universe.tennis) as long as your account remains active every year with at least one purchase every 12 months. Again, this is a lifetime benefit that will never expire unless you do not purchase anything for over a year.
Therefore, if you are a serious tennis player, you will save more money in the long run by purchasing from us than from other tennis shops. That’s a guarantee! So, when we say that Shopping.tennis is the tennis shop where shoppers win (our tagline), we truly mean it. For details, please feel free to contact us.