YONEX VCORE 98 6th Gen Tennis Racket
The YONEX VCORE 98 6th Generation is the perfect racket for intermediate to advanced players in search of a powerful and maneuverable option designed for spin and speed. Featuring a 98 square inch head size and a 305g weight, this racquet incorporates ISOMETRIC technology for a 7% larger sweet spot, as well as Aero Fin and Aero Trench Technology for decreased air resistance and drag respectively. Flex Force graphite located in the upper throat to the lower frame grants a quick and flexible snapback for an increased spin, while the silicone oil-infused grommets enable an easy rebound into the original position. Additionally, the frame top at the 2 o’clock and 10 o’clock positions are enlarged, while the throat design is formed with a T and H-shaped cross-section to boost torsional resistance and enhance spin potential. Finally, the racquet includes a Super Cushion Grip to boost performance.
The technology of the YONEX VCORE 98 6th Gen Tennis Racket
- ISOMETRIC: First developed over three decades ago, ISOMETRIC design expands the sweet spot by an impressive 7%*. The square-shaped ISOMETRIC racquet optimizes cross and main strings for a greater sweet spot. Thanks to this advanced technology, players have more control while still being able to retain the same power.
- Aero Fin Technology (Improved Maneuvering): The VCORE SV’s bottom frame aerodynamic fins have been modified. These new and enhanced Aero Fins are precisely designed indentations, giving the player an edge in maneuverability.
- Aero Trench (Reduced Drag): To up the speed of head movement and boost spin potential, the latest Aero Trench has reduced air resistance by carefully concealing the grommets placed on the upper part of the racquet frame.
- LINER TECH (For Maximum Spin Potential): These straight-hole grommets allow for wider off-center shots.
- AERO DYNAMIC TECHNOLOGY: Aero Trench and Aero Fin Technologies reduce air resistance and boost mobility and spin for athletes.
- 2G-NAMD™ FLEX FORCE: The innovative Flex Force graphite technology allows the frame to flex and snap back, maximizing spin.
- silicone oil-infused grommet: An infusion of silicone oil within the grommet of the racket enables it to flex rapidly and promptly recover to its natural shape.
- String Sync Grommets (FOR BALL BITE AND SPIN): A slender grommet nozzle is inserted into a larger opening on the frame, enabling the string to travel alongside the grommet for improved responsiveness.
- ENLARGED FRAME TOP: Widening the frame at both two and ten o’clock gives more area to contact the ball, thus creating a greater launch angle.
- NEW THROAT DESIGN: The T-shaped cross-section of Area 1 and the H-shaped cross-section of Area 2 both offer torsional resistance that enhances the stability of the racquet, decreasing power loss.
- Super Cushion Grip
- Head Size: 98 sq. in.
- Weight: 305 g / 10.8 oz
- Grip Size: 1 – 5
- Length: 27 in.
- Width Range: 23 mm – 23 mm – 21 mm
- Balance Point: 315 mm
- Material: HM Graphite / 2G-Namd™ Flex Force / VDM
- Color(s): SCARLET
- Recommended String: POLYTOUR REV, POLYTOUR STRIKE, REXIS COMFORT
- Stringing Pattern: 16 x 19
- Stringing Advice: 45 – 60 lbs
- Made In: Japan
Other Yonex Tennis Rackets or Accessories
Should you be looking for a different series or model, we have many other Yonex tennis rackets for you to choose from. If not, all you have to do now is get the required Yonex tennis accessories to enhance the performance of your Yonex Astrel 105.
For a perfect sporty look, we suggest that you go for a Yonex tennis bag suitable for this model. And if you are a real addict of the Yonex tennis brand, why not check out our Yonex tennis shoes and Yonex tennis apparel, as well? Happy tennis shopping!
Why Shop for Your Yonex VCORE 98 6th Gen Tennis Racket on Shopping.tennis?
Here is why you should choose us when shopping for your Yonex VCORE 98 6th Gen Tennis Racket. Because we are a brand-new tennis shop, we will be offering a special introductory offer in 2023 and 2024. The launch offer is actually similar to a reward program. When you purchase a tennis item or more on Shopping.tennis for a total value of $100 or above within a year, you automatically qualify for a discount of 10% for your next purchase as long as you make it within a year from your last purchase (i.e., the discount is valid for up to a year once you qualify for it). This is a lifetime benefit that will never expire for all our customers this year.
In addition, you keep getting 10% off for every purchase you make not just on Shopping.tennis but also on any of our sister websites coming soon (learn more on Universe.tennis) as long as your account remains active every year with at least one purchase every 12 months. Again, this is a lifetime benefit that will never expire unless you do not purchase anything for over a year.
If you’re a dedicated tennis player, buying from us will save you money over time. That’s a guarantee! So, when we say that Shopping.tennis is the tennis shop where shoppers win (our tagline), we truly mean it. For details, please feel free to contact us.
HM Graphite / 2G-Namd Flex Force / VDM
Intermediate – Advanced
|Age Range (Description)|
|Item Package Dimensions L x W x H|
27 x 10.5 x 1.5 inches
|Item Dimensions LxWxH|
5 x 5 x 5 inches
VCORE 98 6th Gen Tango Red
|Number of Items|
Yonex Super Cushion Grip
4 1/8", 4 1/4", 4 3/8", 4 1/2"
Susie Wilson –
High quality and fast shipping!
This racquet is great! It came highly recommended from a friend who used to play professionally. You’ll have the option to have the racquet sent to you strung or not, depending on preference. The seller maintains great communication.
One of the best racquets I have used
yonex makes another great racquet update
i made the change from ezone tour. the vcore is a bit easier to use, especially at net.some people complain about the muted feeling from the VDM, but i like it.
One person found this helpful
Long time prime member –
Only complaint is stiffness and paint always feels tacky
Only complaint is it’s stiffness and the paint always feels tacky like i could peel the paint off with my nail. Not smooth !